Wednesday, June 17, 2009

midsummer

Midsummer would have to be my favourite Swedish celebration.

I love to make my flower crown in the morning and then ride our bikes along the Baltic Sea with the baskets full of picnic goodies.

We climb the hill and join our beautiful Simrishamn family and hundreds of other Swedes in a giant picnic.

We dance around the giant Maypole, decorated by local children and listen to the musicians.

This year we have family and friends joining us from Australia so it will be even more special.


Let's just hope it doesnt rain!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, what a joyful day it must be. I wish I was there!
    Enjoy,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is such a dream day goodness so so beautiful and no no rain no rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful time. Hope you have a lovely day with your friends.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rain has stayed away for your glorious Midsummer celebrations Amber. Loved the red clogs - I had an exact pair when I was 18 & oh how I loved them!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had mid-summer celebrations over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber I love your blog too!! What a beautiful photos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy midsummer on you! :D
    for how long are you going to stay here? ;D and may i ask where in Sweden do you live? :)

    RE: well, i load the pictures in 600px så they get bigger ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! Very beautiful photos, I like first:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a beautiful day - I wish I was one of the Australian's joining you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious...hope the sun shone brighlty for you, your friends and family! Looking forward to your next blog! Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. your picnic looks dreamy!! just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a dream you lucky thing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete